- 1 Cup hung curd,
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Dressing,
- 4-5 Garlic cloves grated fine,
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper powder,
- 1 cup spring onion leaves finely chopped,
- salt to taste
In a bowl, combine the hung curd, grated garlic, Italian dressing, sugar, white pepper powder and salt.
Mix in the spring onion.
Mix it well gently and keep in the fridge to chill.
Do try this with-Onion Brown rice, Jeera Amaranth,Brown Rice Chakli.
Click here to shop your pack.
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop the eggs into pieces.
Mix well the mayonnaise, mustard powder, salt and pepper with the eggs. Mix well and make a paste.
Pipe on to the cracker and serve.
Do try this with –Spinach Pepper Bajra, Herb Wheat,Olive Buckwheat!
Click here to shop your pack.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Chilly
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- salt to taste.
Grind all the ingredients together coarsely.
Serve as an accompaniment with nourishables.
Do try this with-Ajwain corn,Masala Potato,Onion brown rice,Jeera amaranth!
Click here to shop for your packs.
Turmeric has more than a hundred proved health benefits which is why it has made its entry into most spice racks in the western world in the recent past. But the most powerful benefit of turmeric is as a potent antioxidant and a power house anti-inflammatory agent. Its antioxidant abilities help in preventing ageing, reducing incidence of cancers, heart disease and cataracts. Owing to its anti-inflammatory action, turmeric is found as a major component in arthritis supplements helping to reduce pain and joint inflammation.
Turmeric as medicine?
It is an antiseptic for cuts, burns, and bruises. It can also be used as an anti-bacterial agent and helps ease stomach problems. It is beneficial in treating Alzheimer’s disease, cancer and liver disorders.
Fresh turmeric roots should have a spicy fragrance and stubby fingers protruding from the sides of the root. Refrigerate unpeeled turmeric, tightly wrapped, for three weeks. Turmeric is typically boiled or steamed and then dried and ground into powder. Use ground turmeric in fish or rice dishes. Be careful with fresh turmeric as it stains easily.
- Turmeric is used as a colouring agent in canned beverages, baked products, dairy products, ice cream, yogurt, yellow cakes, orange juice, biscuits, popcorn colour, sweets, cake icings, cereals, sauces and gelatin.
- It is used to protect food products from sunlight. The oleoresin is used for oil-containing products. Over-colouring, such as in pickles, relishes and mustard, is sometimes used to compensate for fading.
- In combination with other chemicals, turmeric is used to colour cheeses, yogurt, dry mixes, salad dressings, winter butter, margarine.
Recipe -Cucumber pickle with turmeric
- 12 cucumbers, thinly sliced,
- 3 onions, thinly sliced,
- 1 green bell peppers, diced,
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped,
- ¼ cup salt,
- 1.5 cup vinegar,
- 2 tablespoon sugar,
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds,
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds,
- A few whole cloves,
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
In a large bowl, mix together cucumbers, onions, green bell peppers, garlic and salt. Allow to stand approximately 3 hours.
In a large saucepan, mix the vinegar, white sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, whole cloves and turmeric. Bring to a boil. Drain liquid from the cucumber mixture. Stir the mixture into the boiling vinegar mixture.
Remove from heat shortly before the combined mixtures return to boil.
Transfer to sterile containers. Seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Both our Wheat Chakli and Brown Rice Chakli have been spiced with turmeric.
Click here to shop for your pack.
- Feta Cheese
Cut cucumbers into 1 inch thick circles.
Place on a cracker and sprinkle a little crumbled feta cheese on the cucumber.
Enjoy the yummy recipe with your pack of Nourishables!
Do try this recipe with-Olive Buckwheat,Herb Wheat,Spinach Pepper Bajra,Onion Brown Rice.
- Finely chopped Mushrooms,
- half an Onion finely chopped
- Grated Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Sauté onions till light pink.
Add finely chopped mushrooms, and sauté till soft.
Add salt, and pepper to taste.
Place the mushroom mixture on the cracker.
Top with a little grated cheese.
Do try this with-Olive buckwheat,Herb wheat, Ajwain corn!
- 1 stick celery,
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar,
- 1 cup hung curd,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- ¼ teaspoon mixed herbs.
Mix all the above ingredients together.
Serve the dip cold with Nourishables of your choice.
We’ve tried it with –
Onion Brown Rice, Herb Wheat, Ajwain Corn, Olive Buckwheat.
Do tell us which flavours you think it tastes best with.
- Nourishables baked crackers – you can choose anyone you like,
We recommend trying this recipe with –
Herb Wheat, Potato Recheado, Olive Buckwheat and Onion Brown Rice
but any other flavour should work just as well,
- Prawns (marinate prawns with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then sauté on a pan)
Spread guacamole on a cracker and place 1 prawn on top.
That’s it you are ready to serve!
- 8 Nourishables baked crackers – you can choose anyone you like.
We recommend –
Methi Jowar, Jeera Amaranth and Spinach Pepper Bajra
for this recipe but honestly it works just as well with any other;
- a half boiled potato cut into small pieces,
- half an onion- finely chopped,
- green chutney,
- sweet tamarind chutney,
- chopped fresh coriander for garnishing,
- 2 tbsp beaten yoghurt ‘with chaat masala’.
Place 6 crackers on a plate.
Mix the chopped onion and potato together.
Put a little bit on each cracker.
Add to it, green chutney (as per taste).
Top with beaten yoghurt and chaat masala.
Put a drop of sweet tamarind chutney on each cracker.
Garnish with chopped coriander and the remaining 2 crushed crackers.
1 green chilly,
juice of 1 lemon,
2 teaspoon chopped coriander,
1 teaspoon chilly flakes,
Salt to taste
Cut the avocado into half, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh.
Mash it with a fork.
Add to it finely chopped tomato, onion, green chilly, lemon juice, chopped coriander, chilly flakes and salt.
Mix all the ingredients well.
Enjoy the yummy dip with your pack of Nourishables!
Do try this dip with – Jeera Amaranth , Spinach Pepper Bajra, Onion Brown Rice and Ajwain corn!