Why we chose Onion as the hero to our pairing with brown rice crackers?
Well there isn’t just one reason alone. Like the several layers that make up an onion we had several reasons to choose this versatile vegetable to partner with brown rice and make our delicious Nourishables Onion Brown Rice crackers. Here are a few facts, tips and benefits of the almighty onion –
Why eat Onions?
- They contain Vitamin B and C, together with calcium, iron and potassium.
- Like Garlic, they contain cycloallin, an anti-coagulant which helps protect against heart disease.
- For cracked feet, roast an onion and rub the paste on your heel.
- For sprains, chop raw onions and put them in a towel. Bundle it up and place it over the sprain. It helps to relieve the pain and the swelling will reduce.
- If you suffer from strong breath after eating onions, chew a small piece of ginger. The strong smell of onion from your mouth will vanish.
- The juice of an onion can purify blood. Blend it with other vegetables for a better taste.
- If you suffer from skin blemishes, rub onion juice over the scars. Your face will clear up in no time.
- Eating onions regularly will protect your teeth against decay. Chewing raw onion for a couple of minutes is sufficient to kill all the germs in the mouth.
- If a toothache bothers you, place a small piece of onion on the bad tooth and the pain will disappear.
- Cut a medium size onion and soak it in half a cup of rum overnight. Removed the cut onions and use the liquid to massage your scalp if you suffer from thinning hair or dandruff.
3 Hot ways to cook onions….
- Chopped raw onions added to soups or casseroles has a stronger flavour than cooked onions.
- Frying or sautéing briefly until soft and translucent gives it a mild flavour.
- When fried until golden brown, onions develop a distinct flavour that tastes superb in curries and with grilled meat.
Did you know?
There are all sorts of ways which are supposed to prevent your eyes from watering while cutting onions. Hold them under running water for a while, cut them under running water, hold a piece of bread between your teeth while cutting them or better still, wear your shades!!!
Raw onion juice (pungent as it may be) along with a pinch of turmeric powder is extremely beneficial for a lingering cough. Recent studies also indicate that the high fructo-oligosaccharide content in onions also improves appetite and helps in the digestion process. Thus, inclusion of raw onions have several benefits (don’t forget the mouth freshener though!).
Our Onion Brown Rice crackers
Our onion brown rice crackers are thin crispy and swirling with delicious taste of onions. It’s one of our best selling flavours.
And guess what? It not only tastes great but has a ton of benefits too! For instance –
- Improves heart health,
- Boosts immunity,
- Great source of calcium, protein and fibre,
- Helps in cancer prevention,
- Diabetes management,
- Aids digestion,
- Helps in weight loss.